Aether Aether

Brilliant song Geoplex.

I haven't heard your work for a while now (and not using this site anymore, too). But this is some great stuff right here. Everything sounds top notch. I can recognize the Au5 feel in the middle of the song along with Fractal bass drops (I don't listen to Seven Lions so no clue on that). Pretty sure I'll be sharing this to my friends too.

10/10 rat-....oh wait, I mean 5/5 stars. Keep this stuff up. Ye shuld git hug3.

Geoplex responds:

Hey man, long time no see :P I appreciate the review and feedback - and I would recommend seven lions haha. Thanks again :D

_-={Into Prophecy}=-_ _-={Into Prophecy}=-_

Wow, an amazing piece you've made. I keep perceiving it as a lonely, depressing song with a few happy cliffs along the way, but that's just how I perceive it. In technical aspects, the mix is bloody clean, everything sounds amazing. There's not much to say but a great song that could tell various kinds of stories depending on your mindset.

Totally 5/5d

- CrS -

MaestroRage responds:

You've perceived all the right vibes. The main character is one who is lonely, isolated and as such often caught in waves of loneliness. However he's also constantly cheery and overall a solid person to be around. So waves of happiness exist also.

Thank you for your review, i'm glad you enjoyed it!

~SW~ Astral Nation ~SW~ Astral Nation

Perfection.

Yay, my internet isn't being gay atm so I can listen & review the final version.

I'd like to say that this is one of your best works yet. The quality is awfully pro-style, the composition throughout the song is splendid (it tells a series of stories). The instruments are all panned accordingly. No repetition. Just an excellent piece. Damn, I need to get some good headphones to enjoy this more. I have nothing technical to provide since I already did that via PM. :c

Here's my impression on the song as a whole:

The first 1:30 minutes reminds me of a tribe game where a tribe builds pyramids while you have to take out gems in a gem box. 1:42 onwards reminds me of a medieval setting, I can't remember what it was but it feels nostalgic. Around 2:50, it reminds me of industrial England with Scottish people working in the coal mines (lol why am I thinking of this) and then an old British band playing for a crowd outside. After the 4:00 minute mark, it reminds me of the Aztecs being invaded by the Spaniards (I don't know why).

So then you have this awesome climax that starts at 4:35. For some reason, it reminds me of the Spaniards defeating the Native Americans.

And then you have the empty quietness of death...

----

Yeah, that sums up what was going through my mind. I'm sure you'll do great in Bosa's contest. Good luck!

As for the score, 5 stars out of 5 and thus a vote of 5/5 and favorited. Yay for you!

SkyeWint responds:

Oh my gosh you think this is perfect? Yessssssssssssssssssssss!

I hope you noticed that I fixed two of the things you had mentioned - the sound of the anvil is lowered, so there shouldn't be as high and shrill of frequencies at around 3:18. Also, in the part at 4:35-4:52, the flute was lowered in volume so it wouldn't be as invasive.

Those impressions of yours are really nice, thanks a lot for sharing! I found your thoughts on the last ambient section to be the most interesting. It's almost a creepy way of interpreting it, though it also makes it sound as if death is a soothing and calming thing.

"I'm sure you'll do great in Bosa's contest."
I REALLY hope so! ^_^ Thank you so much for the review!

-The Journey Home- -The Journey Home-

Oh wow, a review from me. Didn't expect that, eh? Anyway, lets go onward to the review, shall we?

The piano intro itself is the thing that caught my attention. Excellent composition performed on the piano as a whole, with a kind of 'coming back' emotion within it, but since I'm usually a depressed prick I could also see this as a 'goodbye' song. The percussion addition is good but I just don't like how the very last 'hat' of each percussion pattern seems to end abruptly. This is how it flows:

Ksssshhhh--||| ......

It's like someone shuts its mouth when its playing halfway through. It starts at 0:28.5 and it keeps appearing a few times over. Seriously, dude, that percussion part is bad. Eh...get it? :c

Now to the next part...a suggestion. From 1:16 onwards, you could add a bit of violin and let it fade away at 1:53. Just a suggestion, though.

1:54 onwards kinda resembles a person running closer towards his goal - home. Nice use of drums. That retro sound addition also sounds nice. The rest of the song is pretty flawless - the person having completed his journey. You left 10 seconds of empty sound open from 3:43, so reduce that a bit.

Overall, 4.5 stars out of 5, thus voting 5/5. This is something I can listen to whilst doing other stuff.

PS: Nice catch of getting your ID as 521 521.

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

That silencing of the hi hat was intentional actually, it's what I heard in my head, so it's what I put in the song. Guess it's a love or hate kind of thing.

I was actually debating putting some strings or something in the section you mentioned... and I still might... maybe... We shall see.

As for the 10 seconds, that's actually not silence, the piano drops off around 3:46, and the rest is the tail end of the reverb, which is very, very quiet... so it just sounds like silence. ;3
I have a thing against cutting sound off prematurely, no matter how quiet it is.

As for the ID... totally unintentional... I promise.

Thanks for the review!

Masq ft. Buoy - TGTBTF Masq ft. Buoy - TGTBTF

This is some nice stuff!

A nice, long DnB track with a mix of a few other genres, I dig it a lot. ;D

The mix sounds pretty clean, composition is great, and the instruments used sound pretty original (to me, at least).

A suggestion, though. Through 2:03~3:38, the song as a whole sounds a bit too centered because of the wobbles (it's the closest thing I can call it, lol). Maybe you could pan a few wub notes to the left/right to add a more 'stereo-ish' effect on the song, since all the wubs play around the center. I do hear ambience playing on the sides, but it's not enough, so a few panned wobbles would make it better.

But I like those wobbles! You made them yourself?

Anyway, 4:12 and onwards is probably my favorite part. Pretty emotional in some way. The rest of the track is flawless IMO. This is a story-telling song; congrats.

Overall, 4.5/5 stars and thus a vote of 5/5. Going on my favorites and downloaded.

jpbear responds:

glad you enjoyed this much!!

The bass and sub are one sound in this project (the modulate and "move" in unision) so u cant use stereo effects without compromising the sub end usually. Its a bit more mono than i like to go for so I understand where you're coming from.

The basslines/reeses are all me yea, no sampling lol.

Thanks again, ill make sure to check your stuff.

Aquarium: A submarine... Aquarium: A submarine...

Excellente!

Sounds very 'under-water with steel machines and water-mazes'! And by the phrase 'a submarine', it reminds me of a stage in Super Mario 64 with the Bowser submarine.

Love the composition throughout the song, especially the retro sound at the two occasions (the second being a tad longer). The mixing is excellent for a 1999 track. This is some amazing music!

5 stars, and a 5/5 vote

Madrid in Black Madrid in Black

This is absolutely emotional!

I usually don't care about people that I don't even know, but this song makes me see the pain beyond other people's minds. It makes me rest and think about the death of a person from your own country by (foreign) terrorists. If I was Spanish, I would probably feel the same pain.

And by 11M, is that 11 men or 11 MILLION? Jeez, that's just awful... /:(

The instruments are all perfectly used in harmony, the quality is pretty good, and the composition is amazing. It has brought a tear to my eye...

5 Stars, 5/5 vote

R.I.P. the victims of that terrorist attack...

*Darkest Shadow* / ZeRo BaSs *Darkest Shadow* / ZeRo BaSs

Wow, awesome song!

Damn, I haven't heard about you at ALL after being on NG for one whole year. I gotta admit, the sounds are epic. Quality is pretty sweet, the composition is cool. Some rock sounds with a D&B break and VG melodies. How could this be Dance? o_O Your invented style, perhaps?

Anyway, this is something I definetely would share to my friends. This is just EPIC, especially the part between 1:22 ~ 1:34.

There's no criticism to this. 5/5. You deserved it, ZeRo-BaSs.

-- Chrausner

[TC] Break Free 2 [TC] Break Free 2

Four months straight? That would explain why this is so good.

This song is literally packed with emotions, a human soul trying to 'break free' from it's ultimate enemy, death. It shifts from calm to tense, tense to calm, and repeat.

I loved the effects and the instruments used in the song. Trance and orchestral combined...lovin' it. The structure kept getting new, always refreshing and staying original.

5:24 and onwards is so peaceful...amazing composition done there.

6:50 and onwards changed the mood into a challanging condition. My favorite part is at 7:18~7:45.

There are no flaws that I can find (with these awful headphones). Too bad the quality is only 224 kbits. NG filesize limit forbid you to submit this under 320 kbits, didn't it?

But nonetheless, 5/5 stars and 5/5 vote. Great piece. One of the few Trance songs on my faves. =]

- Chrausner

Pkmn D/P - Route 217 Pkmn D/P - Route 217

Wauw, nice remix. Quite some nostalgia here.

It's been a while since I've played PKMN Platinum. Route 217 is one of my least favorite routes, mainly because of the hail.

Anyway, back to the song. It's really well mixed & mastered.

I think the 'attack time' on the instruments playing at 0:02 and happening a few times more until the beats come in is way too little (in fact, I think you've put their attack times at 0). I suggest to rise the 'attack time' to make the pads & strings sound more relaxing, instead of a sudden appearence in the song (which sounds a bit off IMO).

Apart from that, the song's great. 5/5

Hell, this could as well inspire me to make some PKMN remixes. Good job overall.

-- Criminal-23

AeronMusic responds:

Haha dankjewel zeg!! Yeah it's true. I put the attack time of the strings to 0. Thanks for the tip, I'll remember it and maybe use it in other songs. Because I hear what u mean, to make it more relaxing!